Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Essence in minimal content

In addition to working on my website as well as editing, I also can’t dare forget about the movie poster. Without a doubt, the most successful movie poster for this film would be something minimalistic. The first reason being that the overall documentary (including the three parts, not just the part that my excerpt is included in) cover very broad topics, information and themes, and so it would be harder to come up with something more holistic and intricate that covers all three sections. What would be easier is coming up with a single item (my original idea for the time being is a clothes hanger) that simplistically sums up the content of all three sections of the documentary; and I feel that minimalism is the best way to go for this.

The second reason is the target audience that I’m appealing to: a common trend online is the creation of minimalistic movie posters for films that already exist. Here are some examples:

What this trend shows is that my target audience - younger individuals, within the Gen Z and Millenial age range - are interested in this style of minimalism; so into it that they are eager to go out of their way to create this style themselves.

My original plan now, for the time being, is to create a movie poster that echoes this style of minimalism using the single object of a clothes hanger. Throughout the process of creating my poster, this may change, but for now I’m sticking to it. I’ll use Photoshop to create it, since I have a general knowledge of how to use it and some experience with creating products from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment