Monday, March 27, 2017

Capitalist scheme or empowerment genius?


I wasn’t in the right mindset to edit today, so instead I decided to start working on my film’s website. I chose wix as my website-building platform because, out of my past experience, it has the simplest/most effective interface and the most potential to create an immersive site that best enraptures visitors into the world of my story.

While perusing the default options for wix, its suggestions struck me with a brilliant idea: clothing merchandise! We see this marketing scheme extremely often with bands and musical artists; when you're at a concert or on a band's/artist's website, there is always advertising for the musicians' clothing items that syncs up to the brand they're presenting. So, if my brand for my film is all about clothing, and introducing/wearing clothing that's nonconforming and unconventional: why not offer that for people myself?

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about clothing design, so I have two options: 1) wing it, probably not the best option; 2) briefly research it myself; or 3) talk to someone that has background knowledge in fashion/clothing design to help me out, but I probably don't have enough time to do this. For now, I'm going to finish constructing the basic outline of my website, and use the blanks that present themselves to me to devise the route I'm going to take when designing the clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment