Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ideas abound!

First off: I came up with the perfect idea for the excerpt! And by “I” I mean my good friend Chris. The two of us were talking about our portfolio projects, and in the midst of me telling him about my documentary, he offered me a brilliant idea. At my school, I’m the Co-President of a club called Gender-Sexuality Alliance (GSA), and my good friend Chris is Vice President. While explaining my documentary concept to him, he interjected with a reminder: GSA is in the midst of putting together a photoshoot for its members. The purpose of the photoshoot is to allow our members to express themselves in the way they feel most comfortable - and often the way in which they can’t normally express themselves on a regular day-to-day basis, because of either restrictive parents or the fear of going against "the norm." So, essentially, the absolute perfect opportunity for me to provide a glimpse into the lives and personalities of the expressive non-conforming.


The photoshoot will be taking place this Saturday, and I plan on filming as much content as humanly possible (and have some of my friends/officers help me out with filming as well). In addition, I'll have an area in which i pull people aside to interview. I would prefer to constantly film and conduct all of my interviews after everyone has finished getting their pictures taken - however, I understand that not everyone will be staying until the very end, so it might be necessary to cease filming for people who I believe will make good interviewees if they’re departing early. Overall, I’m insanely excited, and genuinely believe that the footage will turn out fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment