Sunday, March 26, 2017

Composing a plan for tunes

While going through my stock footage, I found some really good stuff in the ones that were "ruined" by the music playing in the background (mentioned in my filming post). However, there was something about one of the songs - titled "tbh ily' by Chet Porter - that seemed to fit so perfectly with the unfolding scene, that I made a split second decision in that moment to contact the managers of Porter to ask for permission to use the song in the excerpt. To my surprise - they got back to me very quickly, granting me permission! (Click on screenshot to enlarge).

















I don't know what I'll be doing for music throughout the entire excerpt for now as far as music goes, but it does set me at ease to know I have a fantastic instrumental to use - and knowing I don't necessarily have to mute the portions that contain the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment