Saturday, March 12, 2016

Research! Part 2

Satire is scary because if you're going to be putting forth a radical idea, you want to make sure that there's, at the very least, a niche audience that's going to be receptive to your ideology you're arguing for. Ideally, you want to put forth an idea that's soundlessly accepted by a majority of people but isn't enforced. This is one of the reasons that I chose the American education system as my victim of criticism, because it seemed almost universally accepted that the education system, at the very least, needs to be improved upon. What I feel to be my most powerful form of research is the information that I sought out on my own: I went around school asking students (and one teacher) what their opinion of the education system is. The ultimate goal is to use their collective opinions to formulate the argument that I put forth in the introduction of this film. Luckily for me, I made a solid choice with the education system: everyone I talked to had passionate, similar faults to discuss in the system (with the exception of one student). Below is a sound clip of the best interviews I conducted (by request, names aren't included).



Audio and voice recording >>

No comments:

Post a Comment