Sunday, March 27, 2016

Working with punches

I was planning on filming over Spring Break - however, the setting of the school/its elevator is what I need, and it's locked and closed during break. In addition, one of my main actors informed me that she can't act anymore (Kiara Pomeroy), so I'm working on finding a replacement.

My original actor that I wrote the script for - Kiara Pomeroy - informed me today that she can't act in the project anymore because she's really pressed for time and can't dedicate quality time/performance for me. I'm kind of insanely nervous now??? Because I didn't only have her as my actress, I literally wrote the script for her. So now I'm going to do my best to find a replacement that can pull off her role ... I hope I can.

---- LATER ----

So I managed to find four different options to be Kiara's replacement: my friend Megan, who is really exuberant and funny and outspoken; my friend Melissa, who's really witty and sort of strange and who I think would be able to pull off being comedic; my friend Sofia, who is super eccentric and capable of pulling off the character; and, more idealistically, Cassie, who's best friends with Kiara and extremely similar to her - to the point where they've picked up the same mannerisms and way of speaking. I've asked everyone so far but I've only gotten commitment from Melissa, so we'll see who it ends up being.

---- EVEN LATER ----

Cassie got back to me! (Which, thank god, because neither Sofia nor Megan could commit and Melissa was my last choice). She was shockingly really eager to be involved, and I didn't feel bad at asking her at all. Plus, she seems really excited about it, so I have no doubt she's going to give it her all and do great with the part.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I love the fact that you are taking the risky route and going with satire/monologue based. Your blog posts start out extremely strong. It is clear from the first post you are a clever girl with an opinion. You can easily see your voice through each posting. But, you need to add more to them. There isn't enough description or evidence used when explaining your different ideas. It is imperative that you use other research for your project. Look at other examples and tell us (the readers/graders) what you like and don't like. Don't just tell us you started on a storyboard, show us!! Include pictures, videos, more audio, or anything!! It takes away from your beautiful writing skills and will end up hurting you in the end. Spice up your blog! I love the inclusion of the voice note interviews. Very clever way of doing that... It was a great posting and comments from you made it even greater. Include drafts of your writing so we can see the improvements you have made or any changes in material to just show us that you are improving/revising, which is a positive thing. Upload pictures of your main characters so we can understand the look you are going for! You mentioned that before your lead girl couldn't do it anymore you did a reading, record it! With the amount of vague concepts and lack of proof it seems like you are making up everything. So, just try to include material and research! Overall you have a very clear voice and should continue making blogs like your first and interview one. Love your idea and the direction of your production. Good luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete