Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Drafting my critical reflection!

I'm now starting to work on the critical reflection because I take the lessons learned and overall outcome of the product to be supremely more important than the product itself. I am beginning to think about which medium I'd like to use, and I immediately decided on a podcast. Quite frankly, it's the medium with which I am most comfortable with, and it encompasses the way in which my film primarily shouts its message: through words. Words are powerful, and there's a lot I can do with sound. It's more difficult to get creative without picture, yes, but that just continues to correlate with the entire purpose of creating such a minimalistic story in such a confined setting: take something condensed and make it into something. And that's what I intend to do.

I decided to make my podcast a stream of consciousness because that's what I'm good at and comfortable with when reflecting upon things. When I just talk or write without any end destination in mind I tend to subliminally take the best course. It's also very raw and minimal and personal, all correlating to themes and tones of my film, so I think it's a good match.

No comments:

Post a Comment