Saturday, April 2, 2016

That's A Wrap!

I filmed on Wednesday, March 30. That day was the only day me and my two actors could all get together to film; however, I had work at 6pm that day, so we didn't have much time to waste. We started filming after school, starting with filming in the elevator. My two actors, Cassie and Jonathan, had been memorizing the script throughout the day. We started in the elevator rather than going in chronological order because there were still students milling around the hall outside of the elevator, and we hoped that by the time we were done with the elevator that there wouldn't be any more students outside of it and that we would have the hall to myself. We began going in chronological order, until we got to the first high angle shot. This is because it was really difficult to set up and shoot, because we had to use a tripod and hold up the tripod to get the camera high enough to look like a birds eye view. So, to get around having to re-set up the tripod every time we got to a high angle shot, we shot all of them back-to-back. Other than that, we pretty much filmed everything in chronological order.

Both of my actors were really perfect for the their roles - and not just because I practically wrote it for the two of them. Technically I didn't write the role for Cassie specifically because I originally wrote it for Kiara (my original actress), but her and Kiara are best friends and super similar to one another, so she was by far the next best thing. Both Jonathan and Cassie's acting was spot on: Cassie perfectly encompassed the absurdity of the content - her quirkiness and aloof line-deliveries was on point; and my brother's snarky sarcasm and realism perfectly captured how the audience should be feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment