Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Searching for a sound

I'm currently in school, and can't edit on the school computer because I don't have my footage on me (since I can't edit iMovie files before exporting them). So, I'm going to start looking for some music for my opening. What I'm looking for is something upbeat and quirky/strange, but not happy/pretty. Something that will put viewers on edge, but also acknowledge that other than satire, the primary genre of the piece is comedy and it's important to enjoy the piece and not take it too seriously. Another thing I want to look for is some kind of sound effect/noise/chime to use whenever a credit appears onscreen.

---- LATER ----

While looking through royalty free music, I wasn't able to find anything that I like for the film. I'm not sure yet whether I'll have to compromise on something that I find, or if I may try and create the sounds myself. What I'm imagining in my head isn't so much of a score so much as a beat. In addition, I have two other options: I'm going to text a friend I met at my filmmaking camp over the summer (she was an instructor) and ask her for any recommended royalty free music sources; or I can call up my cousin and ask him to whip something up for me, because he's a DJ and makes beats all the time. Ideally I would get my cousin to do it, but considering deadline is close and he doesn't have all the time in the world, that may take too long to accomplish in the time that I have.

---- LATER ----

I finally found a sound that fits! It's a song called Rafters, found on a site called Free Music Archive (it's royalty free) that was recommended by my friend Kiara. It adorable and catchy and strange and interesting and I like it a lot. Now I just have to make sure it works well in editing ... Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment